Sunday, September 14, 2003

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ~Mommy Teresa

This entry is inspired by a letter that I got from my good old buddy John Gallagher [the man with all the courage in the world...according to his name] and the hand written letter in the mail that I got from Adam Nuhaily [my shoe-shopping buddy]. I just finished reading lullaby last night. Way big twist on the brain, but the main thing that they talked about was that the only way to forget the big picture is to concentrate on the details. For some reason though, that makes me think about the big picture way more. My dad always told me about his whole theory about the universe and time and the part that we play in it. I might have already talked about this earlier, but I feel that I need to repeat myself so that I can remind myself about how lucky I am to know these people. First think about the universe. Think really hard...it's beyond huge. It's like crazy. So the earth is a tiny part of that, then the US is an even smaller part of that small part, and then California is an even smaller part....you get the picture. So we're standing on this tiny miniscule spot in space. Now think about the span of time. Since the beginning of time. Now that's even scarier. It just goes on and on...behind us and ahead of us. And our lives take up a tiny tiny part of that. If God has the power to just stick us anywhere, or if you don't believe in God we'll say chance has that power. Because that's it. Chance. Chance is what we depend on to be in the same place at the same time as all the people we now share our lives with. Imagine if out of the luck of the draw, you never met your soul mate, or never met that one person who inspires you to do what you love in life. The other possibilities are endless. But what we have is now and here. These people that we share our lives with everyday. And yet there are those who want to hurt, kill, or just plain hate some of the people in their lives. Feel blessed that you are with them, and that you've even gotten the chance to have had your paths cross. Some might be a little different than you [*cough*john*cough*...i wonder if he reads this], and others may be the perfect match. But when it comes down to it, it's a miracle that you even met....so yes child, you are blessed. Mommy Teresa says so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home