Saturday, August 23, 2003

Canadia eh?

In case you didn't know... I was in Canada for the last week. It was a crazy day before we even left, and when we got to Calgary at midnight or so, we still had almost a two hour drive over to Banff. Our resort was really nice though. The first day, we drove around and saw some pretty awesome places. The downtown area at Banff is really small and cute. I liked it, eventhough every other store was a gift shop. I really am not a big fan of shopping unless it's for dresses with my friends...so i tried to shop as quickly as possible so as to lessen the torture. They have this accent up there, and not to mention the signs that are in French and English...oh yeah that doesn't help when you are frantically trying to find a street and your mom is reading stuff that makes no sense. We got to go canoeing in a couple of lakes, and we went white water rafting. I was so excited about going...I was all dressed out in my wet suit, booties, jacket, and had my life vest and helmet in hand. Then we had the "safety talk"...basically the "scare-the-daylights-outta-you-about-drowning-in-the-river-if-you-fall-out-talk". Yeah that scared me a bit, but i still wanted to go real badly. It was fun. I recommend it to anyone who wants to go. Don't go for the class 2 rapids...those are a bore, cuz the 4 plus rafting level was tons of fun. According to our guide though anything that is 5 or higher is more like scary fun. Yeah...bad times. But now I'm back...and btw the THREE AMIGAS are REUNITED!!! Ya'll better watch out! It's gonna get crazy. hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home