Monday, February 16, 2004

Can you handle this?

Didn't think so.

Kiddos. What's with this madness? Bicker bicker bicker. The youth of today is so easily angered by so many things. I remember the little kids at ESS would sometimes get upset because of the littlest things. Has society forgotten the idea of patience and tolerance?

We live in a world where there are millions of billions of people with differing opinions, views, and such. But is it really worth it to argue until you are blue in the face? Unless you think that that's sexy, I don't really see the point. I'm not saying that I personally don't disagree with others. Even my very best friends and I have differing opinions on major issues [like whether or not that guy is hot].

We have to learn to "agree to disagree", and really mean it.

Yeah it would be great if everyone agreed on everything. Lot less fighting. But what kind of good would that do? It is the drive of those with dissenting opinions that push us forward in the world. So if we embrace those differing opinions then we'd be much better off than if we just shut them out or, even worse, pushed them out.

If it weren't for those that disagreed with everyone else, we would still live believing that we are the center of the universe.

I still love you even if you are wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home