Sunday, February 08, 2004

I love watching movies. It's like another outlet. You start to see yourself living vicariously through the life of a character on screen. Eventually sympathy becomes empathy.

Perhaps it's just me and my sappiness, but that's what I feel that art truly is. An expression of emotion, not just for others to see, but for others to feel as well.

I'm not saying all movies are good. All that sex and violence in movies doesn't do very much good. It's like when you watch tv and gradually raise the volume little by little, until you have no clue that you are practically deaf. You become numb after a while when all that stuff is thrown at you. And that's definitely not what we need right now. A little compassion would be nice though.

I may have found my soul mate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home