Saturday, January 31, 2004

Rinse out that conscience

People who have integrity are those who I truly admire.

For me, I guess it's something I strive to attain, while looking for in the people I consider my good friends. It is:: doing what you believe is right, and not allowing other things to get in the way of your morals. Then again, there are people with different morals, and so they live by different standards.

"Take responsibility for your own actions." We've been told this since we were 5. I practically grew cross-eyed after being told this so many times with a finger pointing straight at the middle of my forehead. Perhaps being told this too many times makes a person not realize the weight of what it means.

Although we have a tendency to look at others before looking at ourselves [just because of our physical build...i mean eyes don't point inward], perhaps we need to reevaluate ourselves more often. Why do we hate self-evaluations so much? Because they force us to look into ourselves and be honest with ourselves. Dang...what a concept eh?

Don't allow yourself to get caught up in enjoying those moments of bliss that you completely disregard other people and other issues. Sometimes it sucks to get used like a tissue. Maybe I need to clear out my view. Although we all see the world through a glass of water [always distorted by bias], when dirt and other muck [like selfishness, anger, and sadness] get in the way, it just makes things way worse. So go grab yourself a new glass of water, and rinse out your conscience while you are at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home