Saturday, January 10, 2004

The White Picket Fence

Dreaming's bad for ya.

What do you want? Happiness. What makes you happy? Spending time with people I love and care about. So then what do you want to do with your life? Make a difference in other people's lives. How are you going to do that? I have no freakin' idea.

The realization that the "American Dream" just won't do it for me makes me wonder. I have this list of things that I want to do with my life. But I doubt even 25% of it will happen unless I get extremely extremely lucky. So that's it. It's luck. That's all I need. Ah...so the key to life is luck.

Wouldn't that make you wonder though? Who decides who deserves to be lucky and get what makes them happy?

I wish with all my heart that I could spend my whole life surrounded by wonderful people, that I could spend it painting, reading, and enjoying all the beauties in this world. Only a true artist could create the world we live in. Nothing we create, not a single piece of art, can compare to the feeling of true love. I don't mean that mushy gushy stuff. [sorry the 5 year old cootie mentality came back to me] Just genuinely caring about a person.

Maybe the key to life is realizing that you were born with the happiness you've been searching for all along. It's been there since before the day you were born. So the day we die, when it all comes full circle, all the years of our life will combine in one single moment when we realize we've had it all this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home