Friday, January 02, 2004

Wake up kids!

I have been trying to do accounts of events lately, but this will have to be an exception.

So last night, or should I say this morning, I had a wonderful conversation with a friend. This lasted until 4am, so I find it amazing that I managed to drag my body out of bed and make my way to work at 8 am. Work lasted until 12, I came home had carne asada fries, and slept. The dream I had was strange but it made sense.

Having no idea who I was with, this blurry faced person in my dream was talking to me. After a while, I found that they were leaving me. I don't really dream in English...most of the time it's just ideas and emotions that I feel. So my blurry faced companion was telling me about trivial things that were making them want to leave this earth. With anger, frustration, compassion, fear, and sadness all mixed into one I started telling this person things that I hoped would save them. I told them to look at the sky, and try to take it all in. Take a look from God's point of view, or if you are athiest, take a look at yourself from outside of the universe. Just imagine how small and tiny our little world is. Our lives are as insignificant as that ant you just accidentally stepped on. Life is fragile. But if it is so short, then make it sweet. Why waste time bickering and arguing over small things that just happen to make life difficult for you? In fact, why waste time at all? Enjoy life and all of its insignificant beauty. [You're right, it's the little things that matter, but make it the good little things] Why waste so much energy and grief on that one tiny thing that is stopping you from loving and caring for that person you know you love to hate?

So I was awakenned in the middle of this passionate plead, and I still don't know what happens in the end. I hate waking up in the middle of a dream, it's like watching an unfinished movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home