Monday, October 13, 2003

The more things change, the more they remain the same

I never used to get that. But i dunno today, it just feels right. It's one of those things that you can't use logic directly to figure out. Atleast not for me. I'm so worried, there are so many things for me to think about, and yet I can't do anything about it. Everything is happening, and i feel like I'm watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. Slowly and painfully. It makes life feel like Chinese Water torture. Everyone gets older, everyone changes, everyone matures, and yet the whole effect of it is...nothing. I guess living in the moment, is all we can do. It's not like we have a choice. Everything is ephemeral. Happiness, sadness, good and bad. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess. "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" ~James Dean [I think] We can plan all we want, but really in the end...everything is for that one moment of bliss. But that's only a moment. Don't get me wrong. There are things that are long term. But that depends on your definition of a moment. In the big view of time and history, a moment could be your lifetime. The more I think, the more I feel like many of the things that I do aren't that significant, and yet at the same time they are. So I guess everything is relative. Sucks eh? Half empty or half full? I dunno. You be the judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home