Thursday, October 02, 2008

Cut the verbiage.

Honestly, there's not much content there.

I'm working on an essay where the prompt is practically (not literally) longer than the paper. {Makes perfect sense to me.} <-- those are my "sarcasm brackets"

Nonsensical tasks make it difficult to be motivated to accomplish anything. There has to be a purpose buried under all of the motions we go through, right? I certainly hope so.

So much wasted energy on the unnecessary makes me wonder what could be accomplished if necessary tasks were given this much attention. If trying to impress someone requires all of this effort aimed at saying nothing or doing nothing, then you really have to wonder (1) if you are actually impressing this person and (2) if this person is worth impressing if they'll fall for your pointless but showy feats of strength. Kind of like flexing to show off your steroid-supplemented muscles and then failing to lift a thing. OK we get it, you're really buff.

With all that said, I'm hoping I can back up my words with the amount of work I will get done this weekend. And sprinkled in will be a bit of Babar at the Morgan Library & Museum (and maybe some dim sum).

All of this leaves me with only one thing to say: I can haz?

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Mathew (with one T) said...

Yo, homie. You need to allow RSS or Atom subscriptions to your blog... I can't go around checking this thing every 2 hours -- I've got Biostats homework to do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home