Sunday, July 22, 2007

You know that grinds my gears?

The Taipei 101 is officially not the tallest building anymore. Apparently Dubai is working on a building and they announced just the other day that it has surpassed the Taipei 101 (without saying how much higher they are going). The way I see it is, I went to the top of it while it was still the tallest. Why do people compete to be the superlative anything? I figure it gives them a sense of accomplishment until someone comes along to beat that record. But eh... I'm not the one who built such a tall building.

Formosa is great and all, but there are some things that are "mind bottling". For example, anything that is made for couples. T shirts, key chains, hats, watches etc. Why? Just why would you want to match or have something that corresponds to your significant other. Drawing attention to the fact that they are in a relationship together because it is necessary to announce it to the world. I wonder if the business is thriving.

For people who say that Asian people can't drive, I'd tell them to try and drive here. What would be 3 lanes in the states is essentially 5, and what would be a one way street somehow develops into a two-way street. I don't think I will ever try to drive in Taipei downtown traffic. Ever.

Oh and I miss my Family Guy and I miss The Office. I've watched too many bad movies here, and need some good television that isn't streamed of the internet and blurry.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People probably compete for recognition. Bigger is better? I went to the top of Taipei 101 and didn't even realize I could step outside. What a waste...

And Asian people can't drive... that's why 3 lanes become 5, and one-way roads become two-way. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home