Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's Bloody Hot

So today it is supposed to hit almost 100F, but feel like 103. I don't know what that means, but I know that it is damned hot. I'm not a big fan of air conditioning, but this weather has definitely made it one of my newest friends.

Yesterday we went to the area called Danshui (which roughly translated is "Weak or Tasteless Waters"). It's an area long the coast with lots of food, and random shops. You can ferry out to the other shoreline for less than a dollar. Randomly, while buying a drink on the street, I saw a friend from my Third Year Chinese class. I didn't even know he was in Taiwan, let alone in Taipei! Talk about random. It reminded me of when I ran into a friend in Beijing last summer in a random shopping area. Talk about "yuan fen".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home