Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thoughts from Abroad

While on vacation, there have been many thoughts going through my mind. I have been taking this time off to read and finish reading things that I always begin, but never seem to find the time to finish. Giddiness mixed in with dorkiness is how I would describe myself when I know it's time for a break from school and I can finally find time to read all those things that I have been wanting to read. The only complaint that I have is that there isn't enough time.

This latest book, Tuesdays with Morrie, mentions something that I have been experiencing lately and couldn't put it into words:
The Tension of Opposites

"Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted.

"A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle."

Sounds like a wrestling match, I say.

"A wrestling match." He laughs. "Yes, you could describe life that way."

So which side wins, I ask?

"Which side wins?"

He smiles at me, the crinkled eyes, the crooked teeth.

"Love wins. Love always wins."


Thanks MT for getting me this book for my birthday. You truly are awesome!!

3 Comments:

At 7:20 PM , Blogger Michael Comglas said...

Yes! Love can defeated everything!

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, it changes everything ... bahaha
Wasn't that picture hot? It was so hot, I freaked myself out.

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous = susette, oops

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home