Saturday, December 10, 2005

Thems Fightin' Werds

We usually filter what we think before allowing ourselves to speak. Our spoken words are often a very poor reflection of what we are really thinking. Whether or not this is a good thing, I'm not too sure.

I think I'd get myself into trouble and find myself regretful most of the time if I just said whatever was on my mind all the time. This is only because I fear what others would think both of me and of our relation to one another. Other times, I wish I had the guts to [ironically] be gutsy. Take a risk and make the jump. The odds are completely unknown, and I'm not the gambling type. I'd like to advocate pure and total honesty, but the repercussions of that would be unthinkable.

I'm not even talking about "lying". What I'm talking about involves concealing the truth, or very cunningly avoiding the subject. In an ideal world, I think people would be openly honest and everything would be simple [but not necessarily easy].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home