Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Better Days

Aside from a couple of highlights, I had a *mer* day today. Yes, *mer*. (I miss Yasmin)

Certain aspects of my life have always been changing either in reality, or as a result of change in perspective. Yet in my desperate search for stability, I always end up in an unfulfilling situation. I give up fulfillment for some sense of control. In an attempt to guide my fate, I act as a catalyst in hopes of seeing the results that I want for myself. Though it feels stable and safe, it's not authentic or natural, in fact it's fleeting and forced. What I lack now is trust, trust that this is the way things ought to be, and trust that I am playing my role in that.

Everybody loves sun, why do I attract shade?
Heard of the love of money, but compassion it pays

- Common, "Love Is" -

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it's hard to stop trying to control our lives and such when we grow up in a culture that believes man is in command of his fate. Well there's a power greater than man and it's disappointing when man's will is the opposite of His. But we never learn things the easy way do we? I don't think it's in our nature ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home