Thursday, May 13, 2004

No more LAX....no more lots of things.

Everything's coming to a close I guess. For some reason I don't feel sentimental. I don't think that I will until the moments after it happens. Slow reaction I guess.

There are new things. Like scuba lessons, the play, and prom. OOoooOO The play. I'm getting all excited about it now. In case you don't know, my chinese school class [yes I'm a nerdy chinese kid] decided to do a play at the graduation ceremony this year at the Poway Performing Arts Center. We are probably the largest graduating class this school has had in a while. People tend to fall through the cracks of Chinese School Abyss. So this class is filled with people who are, simply put, wonderful. At first I was frustrated with the play. It seemed like a lot of things were placed on me that I was unable to handle, and never expected myself to do. In fact, I had some doubts about some people's ability to really act out some of the parts. But as we worked, it was amazing to see how many people began to show their unique outgoing sides. I guess 3 hours a week just isn't enough for people to get to know each other well enough. Even if we don't win the crowd over, or make some sort of mark, we will have accomplished something to signify our leaving the school.

Lesson of the day: Never underestimate the value of an individual, and definitely don't underestimate the power of a group of individuals.