Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Ok...So It's Late

Sometimes I think sanity is overrated. Haha. Just kidding.

For me...this is really late. Unless my family suddenly decides to go on a midnight run to Denny's. Yeah, it happenned. This is why I love my family, and blame them for all my weird traits. My dad told me the other day that every family sort of has its own culture, its own set of values and funny little quirks. People on the outside looking in can't really see it all, and understand it all. It's amazing to see how people start to treat eachother when they are together for so much time. We often disregard the other person's feelings, thinking that since we all know eachother so well everyone will understand. It's this misconception and assumption (seen as a convenience that comes along with knowing eachother so well) that creates so many problems sometimes. No family is perfect. People aren't made to be perfect. I figure the reason why we tend to see the rough edges of those we love most, is because we are so close to them. So the more you love, the more it hurts I guess.

So we revisit Mommy Theresa once again::
"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home